Hey Friends! I hope this blog post finds you well. I wanted to share with you a little of what I learned in Round 2 of Faster Way to Fat Loss as well as my results if you haven’t seen them already.
I signed up for a second round of the program because honestly, it’s right at the very end of the first round that I felt like I finally grasped what was happening and had that “AHA!” moment. I knew I wanted to continue on with the lifestyle & maximize my results even more. And also to be honest, once you start seeing results like I did, it becomes a little addicting! I wasn’t sure how my results would be in my second round since my first round was so drastic & I did not have as much to lose. BUT- I’m SO glad I did it. FWTFL is no longer offering subsequent rounds & instead if revamping their monthly subscription VIP Program for those who want to continue on after their first round, but more on that later! (I’ve been doing VIP this week & have been LOVING it!)
I can say that everything I learned in round 1 was solidified in round 2. I felt more confident & even had days where I challenged myself to not plug things into My Fitness Pal until the end of the day to see how I did with estimating my macros & most days, I nailed it! That was such a good feeling. My workouts became more intense because I was determined to increase the intensity & my stamina. I lifted heavier, added more reps & sets as needed, but also listened to my body when I needed to rest. I get asked a lot if I followed the workout plan & the answer is a huge YES. I only missed a couple workouts in round 1 when I was on vacation, otherwise I have been perfectly compliant with it aside from a few learning curves. I have had to switch days around depending on if we are traveling or have something pressing that I can’t make it to the gym, but otherwise, I’ve stuck with it & done the workouts 100% & did not miss a single one in round 2. That’s not to say that you HAVE to do that, but I was able to make it work & I’m grateful for that.
Some things that were different for me this go round:
- sleep: I have slept SO hard this second round. I started sleeping more soundly at the end of round 1, but man… it’s difficult for me to wake in the mornings because I’ve been sleeping so much better. Since I’ve had kids, I’ve been the most restless sleeper & it feels so good to actually feel rested again.
- food habits: I am finally in the place where I would much rather have healthy foods than crappy foods because I can tell a difference in how I feel afterwards. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy my favorite coconut creme pie or sparkling rose, because I absolutely do, but in general, I’m doing more extra dark chocolate & less chocolate cake if that makes sense. I’m cooking more, we eat at home way more, & overall, our food habits are waaaay healthier than they used to be.
- stress/anxiety: yall. This one could make me cry. I have always been a very anxious person. I really felt like the Lord delivered me from it several years ago before I married Jordan. Once Everly was born, my PMDD reared it’s extremely ugly head & I became an emotional, rage filled, anxiety ridden monster again. I yelled a lot, was SO stressed out, emotionally ate, would have intense emotional outbursts (bless my poor husband & kids), & I was just SO worrisome & overwhelmed all the time. My husband would tell you that I am a different person. He’s right. It’s not to say I never struggle with this because I do still have to fight it, but I will tell you that it’s night & day from how it used to be. I cannot remember the last time I have yelled at my kids. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had an irate, emotional outburst. I do still have stress & worry about things, but it’s all about how I respond now. Exercise & not filling my body with garbage has made responding to stress so much easier. I am overall so much more at ease, so much more peaceful, & more enjoyable to be around (per my family, haha!)
- hormones: a little TMI but hey, that’s alright. Open book, here. Ever since I’ve had kids, my cycles have been ALL OVER THE PLACE in terms of length of days. I can say with full confidence that my cycles are now regulated & my PMDD is nowhere near as bad. I am way more aware of my hormones now, which I think helps, but it’s so much more manageable now, and without using any hormone supplementation, which is good. I feel more like myself than I ever had & not surrendered to my hormones.
- confidence: Overall, I am a more confident person. I know what I’m doing in the gym, finally haha. I feel like I have purpose again. I feel equipped & strong & energized when I take on the day & I have what it takes to take care of my family. My health is a priority & I can pour into & serve others more readily because I am taking care of myself. I know I am giving my kids an example to follow & I am a better mom to them. I’ve been able to do the program alongside my hubby (who did the mens!) & it has been fun for us to experience together. I am more present mentally & more emotionally stable. I don’t look at myself in photos & think how much I hate the way I look because of the weight that I’d gained. I feel strong, able, & competent. I like the lean muscles I see when I look in the mirror. I like seeing my progress. I like knowing I’m putting value & time into something that is worthwhile. It feels good to be me again. But a better me.
All that to say, it’s hard to not want that for others when you’ve experienced it for yourself. While I was in the interim of rounds 1 & 2, I found myself unintentionally encouraging other women & helping them figure this thing out. I realized how much I LOVED it. I went to ask my coach about possibly coaching & when I did, she told me she was going to ask me about doing it as well! That was some confirmation I needed to move forward. I spent a lot of round 2 encouraging the women in the groups who I had referred & it was excellent practice for me. Allie (my coach) was gracious to let me step in & help answer questions that arose from the women. I have honestly loved it so much. I couldn’t wait for coach certification training & interviews to start so I could hit the ground running. Seeing women find themselves again; buried under years of raising children, marriage, sacrifices they have made for their families, added weight from tragedy or busyness, whatever the case may be… when they start to see a difference & they start to commit because they believe for the first time in a long time that THEY ARE VALUABLE, that their health is IMPORTANT, & that they are truly worth this, worth this time & investment, it’s truly remarkable.
SO, I’m officially a FASTer Way to Fat Loss® Certified Coach & I cannot wait to help so many of you get started on achieving your goals on your health journey!
Okay, now for my measurements for Round 2!
Calf: flexed & non-flexed: 14in
Stomach: 30in (-1 inch)
Hips: 34in (-1 inch)
Thighs: 20in (-.5 inch on both sides)
Calf: 13in (non flex, -1inch) 14in flexed
I did not measure my butt & biceps & wish I would have!
Total loss: 4 inches & 4 lbs!
I cannot wait to get going with ya’ll so soon. My round does start Prep Week on June 17th so now is the time to get signed up! More on that later!